Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 10- Songs I listen to when I'm happy, sad, bored, etc.

I don't really listen to certain songs when I'm in certain moods. I know that when I'm in a depressed mood or feeling lonely I'll listen to Skillet, Fireflight, or Thousand Foot Krutch or other heavy Christian rock but that just seems to get me MORE down in the dumps so I've kind of given up that kind of music for now...

Other than that I'm not sure what kinds of music I listen to when I'm in certain moods..... I go through stages. For awhile I would only listen to the local Christian radio station.
I've always listened to Frank Sinatra and Harry Connick Jr. and those people down at my friend's house... She introduced them to me when we were both very young.
I was in a Newsboys stage, a Skillet stage, TobyMac stage, MercyMe stage..... Most recently it's been a Beatles stage. Right now you could find me listening to anyone from Natalie Cole to Spike Jones to Glenn Miller to the Master and Commander soundtrack to Michael Buble to the Beatles! Or music from musicals... That 40's jazz stuff. Queen... Elton John.... I like it all.

I'm just gonna take this moment to say that being a Christian and listening to secular music is not bad. I think that so long as the song has clean lyrics (no swearing, inappropriate things, Lady Gaga..... etc.) and a good tune, it's fine to listen to.

And now I've run out of things to say....

I just got "The Princess Bride" book from the library. I can't wait to start reading it! Of course "Two Towers" and "Frankenstein" are glaring at me from across the counter... Maybe I should finish them first. I feel like Emma Woodhouse.


On another note... I managed to type a few pages of my written-on-paper edits in the computer today. Maybe this won't be as hard as I thought.....

1 comment:

  1. Don't let the editting and typing get you down! You're fingers shouldn't fall off, I swear!

    ReplyDelete