Sunday, September 18, 2011

I am rejoicing

I am FINALLY finished with my novel!!! It has been a real struggle.... The program that we (my class and I) are uploading our novels to is poorly constructed so it takes longer to edit.... It has been a painful five days and I am SO glad to be finished so I will NEVER have to use that program again!!

As I said, the past five days have been pretty much solid editing... However, I did take a break on Thursday to go to JoAnn's Fabrics with Mom where she bought me a notebook for school... I can't wait to start using it! =D Originally I had planned to use it as a notebook for short stories when I fill up my current short story book... But this notebook is just so cute I don't know if I will be able to hold back not using it. (Sorry the picture is sideways.)

I made a deal with Mom: I get a pair of socks, I have to throw one away. At JoAnn's I got two pairs of funky toe socks (they're "flip flop friendly") and am getting rid of five or six pairs of socks in return. (Sorry the picture is sideways.)


I also bought this outfit for my dolls (sorry for the bad quality... I have Dad's problem: shaky camera syndrome).


And I also bought these shoes. (Sorry for the bad quality AND for the picture being sideways.)

Then on Friday morning I couldn't resist taking a video of the birds that swarm to our bird feeders. I was lucky enough to catch some action when a Stellar Jay flew in and disrupted the Gold Finch's feeding frenzy.
After I finished taking the video, the Finches came back and brought friends.... There were about 10 or 12 birds on the feeders.



I am exhausted... But extremely happy that my novel is finished! What kept me going throughout the editing process was listening to Harry Connick Jr., Michael Buble, AD, and Ken Medema. Without the music, I probably would've cracked.

Well, I'd better head off to bed. I go back to school tomorrow.
Night night and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment