Saturday, September 24, 2011

The ER

I woke up at 8:00 today. Being tired, I kept my eyes closed for a few minutes and tried to go back to sleep. Then I thought I was seeing the visual symptoms I usually get before I get a migraine. Sure enough, I was getting a migraine. The headache part came and then, like usual, I started to throw up. Although it wasn't so much as throwing up as dry heaving, since I didn't have anything in my stomach.
Anyway, I was throwing up every 5-15 minutes for about 5 hours. Mom called the doctor and they told her to take me to the Emergency Room.
So Mom and Dad packed me up and drove me to the ER where they hooked me up to an IV and started pumping liquid and anti-nasua medicine into me. After an hour and a half I was able to go home.
The doctor gave us a prescription for anti-nasua medicine for the next time I get a migraine. He also gave us some advice on how to "abort" a migraine before it comes on.
As well as advice, I was able to pick out a Beanie Baby to take home!


I choose this white kitty cat whose given name is Flip.

I am feeling a lot better now than earlier. I am SO grateful for all those who were praying for me! =) God is truly amazing.

1 comment:

  1. migraines are awful and sounds like you had a really bad one. take care

    ReplyDelete