Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HOME! (and... The Return of Doll Trek)

We are HOME!!!

Tintin was reunited with Captain Haddock and Snowy:


We drove 14 hours yesterday. Note to self: NEVER do that again!
I listened to some music.... finished The Fellowship of the Ring.... Started Two Towers.... Read some Sherlock Holmes.... tried to keep Mom awake by playing Mad Libs (ever heard of Wolfgang farfegnugen Mozart? Or the song, "Yankee doodle went to town, riding on a toe nail, stuck a feather in his button, and called it ham bun?") .... and tortured Tintin.


"Ai ai ai ai ai! Put up your sword!"


"My name is Tintin Montoyo, you killed my father, prepare to die."


"Duuuuuuude."


"Snowy! Bite through these ropes! Oh yeah, Snowy isn't here because someone wouldn't let Abbey take along more than 2 stuffed animals!"


We got home around 9 PM. It was great to see my dad again and Rosey! We missed Rosey soooooo much. She stayed with a friend while we were gone. They took very good care of her. =D
The first thing I did after saying hello and bringing the stuff in from the car, was to dress my dolls in the outfits I got at American Girl Place New York City; I wasn't allowed to take a doll along on the trip. This morning I did a photoshoot with them and their knew things.

Addy's Plaid Summer Set:


This dress is absolutely beautiful. It is worth every cent, except maybe the bow which I'm not quite sure what to do with. It's very wide and very short. The boots that came with this outfit are adorable!

Speaking of adorable... Kit's Reporter Dress!


Next to her birthday dress, I think this is my favorite Kit dress. It is so cute! The shoes are the best part of the outfit. I think they are the cutest doll shoes I own! Again, the headband I'm not sure what to do with... It doesn't fit the doll's head and just pops off, but I was kind of expecting that. If you are considering this outfit, do not hesitate to buy it! It is worth it (just for the shoes, hee hee).

Josefina's Dress and Vest:


Josefina's accesories:


Emily's accesories (1940's; I don't have Emily, but the sweater looked cute on Ruthie in her meet outfit! And Ruthie and Emily's stories are only 10 years apart so the dress styles aren't too different.... And yes, those are the school desks that you can sort of see!)


AGPNYC black exclusive tee:


I kind of went crazy with the pictures...



Some of you may remember Doll Trek from my third or fourth blog post.
Well..... It has returned.



The original video can be found HERE.

And here is a preview a certain Hobbit:


Reconize him? You should if you are looking forewards to The Hobbit movie!


And now I bid you goodbye. Do you have any big summer plans?

P.S. Like the new look?

1 comment:

  1. It's a Hobbit AG Doll! Pippin, if my memory serves true (which it frequently does not)
    Lots of pretty pictures! :D
    And glad you've survived the roadtrip!

    ReplyDelete