Saturday, May 4, 2013

May the Fourth be with you.

Thank you for your prayers, those of you who were praying. My mom's surgery very well! She had to stay overnight at the hospital on Thursday night... But then she came home Friday noonish. Since then she has been doing a lot of sleeping and recuperating on the couch.
You know someone is feeling alright when, in their drugged (by pain medication) state, they take one look at your choir shirt and says, "take that off. You can't go out of the house like that. Let me iron that for you."
So it happened last night. =) I love you Mom!
(Perhaps next week I'll put up a few choir videos from our concert. It 'twas fun.)

Today was the annual tea for the ladies at my church. I sang a song and got to take home a bunch of candy and some yummy cake! Mmmmmm. Although some of the candy and the cake is for my mom. The cake really was amazing.... The theme was quilting and someone in my church made a cake and decorated it to look like a cake. The inside was also cake-like, as it had a checkered pattern of white, chocolate, and strawberry cake. Oh, it was good. Sweet, but good.

After the tea (we didn't even have tea... just lemonade and water), my dad took me to the half-price bookstore (thanks Dad!). That is a dangerous place. It really is. Especially the nice one. The one in the other location doesn't have nearly the selection as the one we went to today. The one we went to today actually had the books I was looking for! Hurrah!
Which books? The Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld. Well, the last two books.... Behemoth and Goliath. They didn't have Leviathan. But that's okay. I was expecting that. I did a review of the series a few months ago (I think in February) when I finished reading them.


(Sorry it's sideways....Blogger is being annoying.)

Of course, I ended up finding much more than just the Leviathan series.
I found the third Penderwicks book which I have been looking for FOREVER!

 
And a book by E. Nesbit to complete my mini-collection of E. Nesbit books.

 

And then I found Agatha Christie's Autobiography, which I just recently put on my "books to look out for" list. For $3, I figured I would buy it. Because I really like biographies/autobiographies.

 
 
(She doesn't look too happy. She looks kind of bored....)

And finally.... I found the complete illustrated Sherlock Holmes. Now, don't you already own the complete Sherlock Holmes, Abbey? Well, yes... And I also own an illustrated (by Sidney Paget, the original illustrator) Sherlock Holmes collection which only has about half of the stories. Well, today I found THE COMPLETE ILLUSTRATED (by Sidney Paget) SHERLOCK HOLMES!
It has every single Sherlock Holmes mystery ever written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. ALL with their original illustrations by Sidney Paget that accompanied each story in the Strand magazine!
I couldn't pass it up. It was a good deal. And now my other Sherlock Holmes compilations can be in their rightful place with the rest of the Barnes and Nobles classics in the family room.

 

(Look how HUGE that is! It's 1,400+ pages!)

At least I don't have to go to the bookstore again for awhile.

It has been so warm today. I can't believe how warm it is. So I'm sitting in my room. Because, for some reason, it happens to be one of the coolest rooms in the house. I just finished writing a script for... something secret. ;) I've also been doing a little bit of work on After the Twelfth Night. I put in the dedication and the table of contents. I also sent the document to myself.... which is good in case my computer gets wiped for some reason (again). For some reason the document is still titled "After the Twelfth Night Island" from a long time ago when I was writing the island scene (oooo spoilers).

Now I'm trying to decide whether to write in my short story (which happens to be my first murder mystery!), edit some of Jessica's book, edit some of MY book, go and read, go and film some of that secret script (with the dolls), or go read.... Hmmmm... decisions, decisions. Maybe if I drag this blog post out long enough my dad will be home with the pizza and I can delay the decision with eating.

May the fourth be with you!
 

2 comments:

  1. INTERESTING! Thanks, Abbey.
    Our school librarian always said..you always have a friend if you have a book. My, you have a lot of friends, and keep getting more. Your grampa great (Dahm) educated himself by reading.
    Love, Grama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, you can tell someone's recovering when they still have the energy to decide something is not right with the world that they can fix xD My dad was like that after his surgery too.
    Also, have you read Five Children and It yet? I rather liked it (okay I really liked it) and the movie was a hoot as well. I've never read anything else by the author, though. At least, not to my knowledge.
    Ah, yes, documents end up with odd names. I have a problem with using slightly different titles for slightly different documents, and end up messing up my mind trying to figure out which is which.

    ReplyDelete