Sunday, May 19, 2013

In which I try to think of something to blog about.

I was going to do my Great Gatsby review but then I got too tired.

This weekend has been kind of a flop weekend for me. I did pretty much nothing. I already told you about Friday.... Yesterday I went to a work day at a local park with a group from church. Then I came home, practiced piano, and proceeded to spend the rest of the day curled up on the couch watching various DVD.
I started with the Beatles Anthology. Which is basically a documentary about, well, the Beatles.


Then I watched some Cosby.


And I finished with some Carol Burnett show, which was a variety show in the '70's. They had Sammy Davis Jr. as a guest star.... I love him. He has such a beautiful voice. And he sings so effortlessly. He's cool. Cool as a cucumber.

 
He guest starred on the Cosby Show the year before he died (or maybe it was two years? Something like that). After Sammy Davis Jr. died, Bill Cosby can always be seen wearing a pin that says SDJr. in the show.


Today was church. I was on worship team so I had to get up at 7:30. I ate a bagel for breakfast at church.
Then there was a potluck and I ate lunch at church. After that a girl from youth group gave  a very beautiful piano concert!
A hike with the youth group was next on the list. Four miles! Woo!
Then back to church for youth group.... We cooked our own meal! It was a good experience and we didn't burn the church down, so I call it a success! The food tasted good too. We only had one mishap.... Chips in the oven burned and smoke clouded the kitchen. We had to open all the windows and doors.
So I ate all three meals at church today.
Now I'm exhausted and going to go to bed.

Live long and prosper.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've been really busy, but having a lot of fun. I love church dinners, we never have enough at my church for my liking.

    The Cosby Show is fun, I liked watching it.

    Also, I haven't seen the end of Elementry yet, but I plan to very soon. I saw the second to the last, where he finds Irene still alive. (I kind of knew they would do that, or suspected it, but I felt SO bad for him when he started to cry!!! If she's done anything mean, like working with Moriarty, I think I will be mad at her. Poor E-Lock!) Anyways, I'm DYING to see the last one now!!

    ReplyDelete