Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Plans.

Happy New Year everyone!
2012 was a particularly good year... I am reminded of a Frank Sinatra song.
When I was seventeen.... it was a very good year.... etc.etc.

2012: A Year in Review.

My mother, grandmother, and I went on a trip all the way to the East Coast and lived to tell about it.

 

I discovered no tonly Sherlock, but Doctor Who, two amazing British shows.

 
 





I finished writing two novels.

I went to my grandfather's funeral.

I bought my final American Girl Doll.

My studies have become very important to me, and a high priority.

I read 38 books.

Now it is 2013.

My forthcoming goals are as following...

Continue to study hard.

Write three novels (I found out that there are two more NaNoWriMo's other than the one in November - they are Camp NaNoWriMo and take place in April and July. I was so excited!)

Read at least 40 books, two more than last year.

Grow in my faith in God!

As well as goals, I have ideas for this year as well. Writing ideas.
We own a board game called Defenders of the Realm.


This board game is a cooroprotive game, meaning that all the people play together, instead of against each other. The people play heroes who have to kill minions and the four generals in charge of the minions. It is very hard to win, because there are so many ways to die.
Anyway, the game has a story-like theme and I've thought before about writing a story about it. I never knew what I wanted to do for a plot, though.
Until yesterday. Yesterday when I came up with an idea.
So now I will write this Defenders of the Realm story whenever I have the time, as a side project. It needs a lot of background information, though. (Luckily it doesn't require research - I can make it all up!)

Happy New Year and God Bless you all this year!

Live long and prosper.

3 comments:

  1. I fell in love with BBC more this year as well, while watching Merlin. Now I am a bit mad at them again. They do love making us suffer.I think it is their hobby. They sit about and think of new ways to break out hearts. No...how does Flynn put it? Crush our soles...(Wow...for some reason I cannot think how to spell that right this morning...)

    38 books is quite an accomplishment! I'm hoping to up my reading this year. It fell rather lax until the end of the year.

    I can see why you adore Daniel! He is a great character, and I've only read some snippets with him in it!

    Okay! If you hurry down you can go to see The Hobbit when my brothers and cousins and I go! We shall save room for you. 8-D

    I remember Kirk in The Princess Diaries now. I didn't like him much till the end, and only then I only slightly liked him. I thought he was rather mean, but I likely just didn't get the story. There is a picture going about, something like "The only time (maybe it was Fantine) stomped on Captain Kirk's foot while Mary Poppins and Gimli watched." Or something like that. Now I get it.

    Did you have a nice New Years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2012 was a big year for most people I know. I'd say more, but I have a royal buttload of stuffthings to do. >.< Stupid homework...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What on earth is a coo-ro-pro-tive game?
    SOMEONE needs to proof-read before she posts!
    Your Mother and homeschool writing teacher. :[

    ReplyDelete