Friday, November 23, 2012

Ah, ah, ah, ah, Stayin' Alive!

I heard that song on the radio the other day and immediately thought of Moriarty....


Anyway, I survived Black Friday!
Did I crumble
Did I lay down and die
Oh no, not I! I will survive!
Oh and as long as I know how to love I know I stay alive.
I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give.
And I'll survive!
I will survive! Hey, hey.


First we had to drop off a load of stuff at a mission thrift store which just opened.
Then we went to the American Girl Doll store and I bought Caroline's Travel Outfit, Spencer, and Hat which my heart hath longed for since before it was out. It is likely to be one of the last pieces of AG clothing I buy since in a few years I'll be headed off to college where dolls would not be welcome.
Here is the lovely Linda (who accompanied me to the AG store) modeling the outfit!
Without the spencer and hat.


With the spencer, hat, and Martha the dog.


This is one of my new favorite outfits. I LOVE the shoes.

After the American Girl store we went to Barnes and Nobles which is my absolute favorite store in the entire universe! What a wrong move.... SO much wonderfulness was on sale.
We went to CD/DVD section because I had originally come for a Vince Guaraldi Trio CD (he does the music for the Peanuts).
We ended up looking at the DVDs and movies and finding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (in blue-ray) for a really cheap.
Did you know that Doctor Who has its OWN section at my Barnes and Nobles? I was looking through the TV section going, "Where's Star Trek? Where's Doctor Who? I've seen Doctor Who here before... So where is it?" My dad found it. It has its own section. B+N had episodes from all 11 of the doctors and I just stood staring for a few moments in awe. Partly at so much Doctor Who (and sci-fi history) in one place and also partly because of the prices! Doctor Who must be imported from England because no way would they cost $80 a season if they were made in the United States.

Running 3 seasons in the early '90's, the Tintin books were made into 30 minutes cartoons. My dad has a friend who owns all the episodes and when I was younger we borrowed them all (several times) and watched them. I was enchanted and ever since, my dad - who grew up with Tintin - has been keeping an eye out for them.
At Barnes and Nobles we found all three seasons for a really good price. We could not resist and I can now - ecstatically - say that we own the cartoon series! I am SO happy! I was not expecting to find Tintin in America (not the book... we saw the Tintin movie at B+N as well!).
However, I think that the cartoons will go under the Christmas tree so that means we can't watch them yet.
They also have a really cool Hobbit display at B+N - a table set out with all sorts of Hobbit merchandise and things. It's pretty cool. =)

We didn't buy any big screen TVs or anything today.... Who needs them? I'm satisfied with what we have. God has really blessed us and I am very thankful.

And for those out there who didn't get any turkey yesterday..... (gotta love Danny Kaye!)

1 comment:

  1. Us Sherlock geeks shall never be able to listen to that song in the same light again.

    Aw, that dress is so pretty. I want to get some of her's for Felicity. As well as Lessie's green riding dress. I am determined to get that one someday, as well as her cloak.

    That is very cool you found all three seasons of the Tintin cartoons! I bet they will be fun to watch!

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete