Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yes, Jessica, I fully intend to tag you.

Jack tagged me!

Rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their site.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions from the person who tagged you.
4. Ask the people you tag 11 questions.
5. Nominate 11 other blogs.
Thanks Jack! Your link is up above....

Eleven random facts about me:
1. I am very lazy at answering comments on my blog.... Would you guys like me to reply to your comments? I never know. I feel kind of bad for not responding to them.... So, would you like to reply to them? Because I can always start!

2. I'm listening to Frank Sinatra.

3. I changed my word count goal back to 50,000 words because I plotted the rest of my novel out and figured out I'm closed to the end than I thought! Yay! I didn't think I would be able to make 60,000 words before the end of the month.....

4. I think I'm reading six books right now....

5. One of which is one of Liberace's autobiographies... It is very interesting.

6. You make me feel so young.... listening to Frank Sinatra, remember?

7. Michael Buble AND Skillet are coming out with new CD's!!!!

8. In science I'm learning all about xylem and phloem and photosynthesis and the different shapes of leaves (is it oval or chordate?) and all sorts of alien sounding things.

9. My desktop background is:


(At the site of the Boston Massacre with Tintin last June. Notice the people staring in the background - hee hee!)

10. Random! Random! Random!

11. Whew. Done.

Now to answer Jack's 11 questions!

1. The Doctor shows up and asks you to be his companion at the same time Sherlock asks you to be his blogger. Who'd you pick?
Frankly, I wouldn't go with either of them. :P I'm happy where I am.
But if they both showed up at the same time... Mwahaha... I would say, "Sherlock, have you met the Doctor yet?" and I would send them off together, bickering.

 
 
2. In the great Clara debate, who do YOU think she is. (And if you don't know who Clara is...I've two words for you. No, three. Watch Doctor Who.)
*GASP* I think she's Jenna Louise Coleman!!! O_O Hee hee, I haven't seen season seven yet.

3. You're falling off a building, which Avenger do you want to save you?
Haven't seen this yet either... How about all of them come to save me at once?

4. Would you go for a ride in a cold, hot air balloon?
Sure! Sounds like fun.

5. Does your wardrobe lead to Narnia?
I don't have a wardrobe.... sigh. But Daniel and Varina hide in a wardrobe and they leave the door open a bit because it is foolish to lock one's self in a wardrobe.

6. You meet an Alien who is about to kill you. Do you offer him a Jelly Baby or run?
Run. 'Cause I don't think they sell Jelly Babies in the USA.
 
 

7. If your best friend faked his death to save your life, then popped up a year later to inform you he was still alive, would you faint or punch him?
I think I would probably faint.... Or at least sit down heavily.

8. Buttered popcorn or plain?'
Buttered!
9. Have you ever had a flip phone in your position and wished to yell, "Beam me up, Scotty!" into it?
That's a brilliant idea!! Too bad my dad just got rid of his flip phone....
Although for Halloween a few years ago I did made a communicator out of an old flip phone.
 
10. What is your favouritest book?
You just had to ask that.... It's probably between The Hobbit, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Hound of Baskervilles.
 
 

(Drawing by Sidney Paget.)
 
11. It is raining, do you go for a walk in it or sit by the fire with hot chocolate and a good book?
Sit by the fire with a good book, definitely. Although, in my current situation, it would probably be sitting up at the counter doing schoolwork or typing for Camp NaNoWriMo.
 
Now my eleven questions....
 
1. Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64? (Beatles song... not something creepy).
 
2. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
 
3. If you could paint your room one color what would it be?
 
4. What would you do if you won $50,000 (and could keep it ALL without giving any of it to the government)?
 
5. Do you know who Carol Burnett is?
 
6. Would you like a Jelly Baby? (See picture up above.)
 
7. Do you have baby names picked out for when you get married and have kids?
 
8. If so, what are they?
 
9. What do you think classifies a classic as a classic?
 
10. Are you reading more than one book right now? If so, how many?
 
11. What books are you reading right now?
 
I don't think I know 11 people on blogger.... But I tag:
Jessica
Jen (hee hee, her last blog post was a tag from me....)
ShiningHisLight
aaannndd... Kendra at Knitted by God's Plan? I don't know if you do tags or not....
Plus anyone else who wants to take it!!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I personally want my closet to connect to the Land of the Fallen Rainbow (from my mom's book). It's more colorful there. Though Narnia would be awesome too.

    Yup, I do tags, two at a time, usually, and this is the second one of this sort that I've acquired since I last posted one, so ... watch for it sometime next week.

    Yup, I got your email - before I noticed your comment, actually. That's my public email, so I'm used to random people contacting me there;) I'll reply to it when my brain is working again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confound you, Streaky! Confound you, I say!

    Also, I don't mind if you don't reply. I talk to you all the time anyway :p

    Also, wardrobes are awesome. More of them need portals to Narnia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't sell Jelly Babies in the States?! I am very sad now, I was going to make Jack get me some so when I wear my long...her long...scarf I can give them to people. (Jack just had a good idea. She said she wants to get some and when she sees someone with a Doctor Who something, like a tee shirt or TARDIS key chain, she would offer them a jelly baby.)

    I like your Tintin picture! It is very funny.

    Thank you for sharing the video so I can see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of you and Tintin!!! Wonderful!

    And...no Jelly Babies here?! Another reason I need to move to England. I was going to go to the store...when I had money...and find some. Then, whenever anyone annoyed me I could go, "Want a Jelly Baby?" (Have you seen the 4th Doctor yet? I've found some of the old movie collections on Netflix and started with him. He's now one of my favourites - right behind Ten and Nine. Which makes 11 a very close fourth.)

    Oh I know what you mean about witnessing. I've had lots of chances as well and usually just babble something and later think of what I should have said. It makes me grateful that salvation isn't left up to me but that God can even use my babbles. And it also makes me very glad He's given me a way to witness through my writing. Because talking isn't my strong suit, even if it isn't witnessing. I'm just not much of a talker.

    I don't remember the Doctor mentioning Arthur Dent, though when I saw it I had NO idea who Arthur Dent was. Now I need to re-watch it so I can catch it. BBC has moments of cool geekiness, when they aren't breaking our hearts. (Like casting the one leader Time Lord as the chap who used to play James Bond. There was this thing going around for awhile that James Bond was a Time Lord because he's been around so long and has new actors always playing him. And then they cast one of the actors as a Time Lord. *Grin*) My favourite those is the little Star Trek like people in the shape shifting robot. I giggled so much through that one.

    I don't mind the bee in The Unicorn and The Wasp. I don't find him that much weirder then the other weird things they've done. But even if I did I think I'd still love that episode. It has wonderful costumes, and that funny poison scene, and the cool old mystery and the cars! And Donna trying to make herself famous by giving Agatha Christie her own plots to her early. Although....what's to say that isn't where Christie got her plots in the first place?

    I've a friend who kind of wishes the Doctor had taken Sally Sparrow and Jethro from Midnight for companions for one series. And while I like both of them I cannot imagine them traveling with the Doctor together so I think it would be kind of fun to see.

    I felt a little bad for Sophie as well. It is bad enough trying to keep a little boy from causing too much mischief while helping the king, but then having to take care of your husband who has turned himself into a little boy...(Though when mothers say, "I have three children. These two and that big one over there." Sophie can actually mean it.
    Your thrift store sounds nice! I keep looking in ours for Howl's Moving Castle and have yet to find it. I think I will give up and just buy it new.

    Aye, I have seen Star Trek four. (And the two before it but not the first one yet or any after.) I wasn't very crazy about the movies but I LOVED the part where McCoy finds out Spock gave him his mind and says, "This is payback for all those arguments he lost!" And when he tries to do the Spock hold on that one fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (I had to do this in two comments because it said it was too long.)



    Like you, I don't like the kiss at the end of Prince Caspian. I just look at something else and pretend it doesn't happen. *Smirk* But everything else I love. I still like the book, but I think I like the movie a little more because we get to see all the skirmish Lewis hinted at. (I think he hinted at one anyhow.) And the end battle is longer. I was sad in the book when Susan and Lucy went off and we had to follow them and miss all the battle except for the very end.

    I had to look up the line from Tintin because, while I knew which book it was from when I posted it, I drew a blank. (Actually, I didn't remember the title, just the scene.) It is from Cigars of the Pharaoh. Oh! So you did get it right! *Passes cookie.*
    Speaking of before Haddock books, I found this kind of behind the scenes book at the library the other day. (You probably already know this because I think you mentioned once reading this book.) But it explained why Haddock was only in the last bit of The Land of Black Gold. That was one of the books Herge started before the war, but as he was writing it the Germans took over Belgium and he had to stop writing it because the villain was a German and it had a political plot. So instead he started The Secret of the Unicorn, since it was just a treasure hunt story, and introduced Haddock. Then, after the war, he finished Black Gold, adding Haddock in the end of it.

    And now I should be off!

    ReplyDelete