Sunday, April 14, 2013

Powder your face with sunshine!

 
I'm stuck. I know what I want to happen.... I just don't know how to go about putting it on paper (or, in my case, the word document). So I'm sitting here writing this blog post and listening to Dean Martin.

 

I can't believe I haven't listened to him for nearly a year..... Here or there I would listen to one or two songs.... but I really haven't listened to him since last spring when we were on our long road trip and I got a migraine while listening to him.

 

But I can't stay away from his voice for too long. I just love it. And the music he sings too. He sings quite a bit in Italian (because he is Italian) and lots of jazz. But he also broadens into other genres as well... He has a few countryish songs which are kind of fun. "Goin' back to Houston! Houston! Houston!"
He was also part of the Rat Pack with Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr.....

 

And he has lots of amusing lyrics. "I haven't eaten in about a week, I'm so hungry that when I walk I squeak." "Standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by...." "I'd cry like a baby if you told me goodbye, I'd feel like a snowball on the fourth of July..... I'd cry like a baby with a busted balloon...."

 

And my three favorite crooners together in one picture:

 

(Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin).

By the way.... which pair of names do you like better?
Choice #1: Quinn and Stacy.
Choice #2: Quinn and Nancy.
And which spelling of "Quinn" do you like better?
Choice #1: Quinn.
Choice #2: Quin.

Live long and prosper! And don't forget to powder your face sunshine! Put on a great big smile. Make up your eyes with laughter; folks will be laughing with you in a little while! Whistle a tune of gladness. Blue never was in style. The future's brighter, when hearts are lighter, so smile, smile, smile!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't know if I've ever heard anything by Dean Martin. I usually listen to African American singers from that time period. I love their voices. I will have to find some by Dean Martin and listen to them.

      I like Quinn and Nancy. And Quinn with two Ns.
      I hope you get over your block soon!

      I don't know if I've seen The Savage Curtain yet. Which season is it in? I'm on season three and am trying to finish them before I watch anything else. But if I have seen The Savage Curtain it sounds like one I would remember. I will have to find it and watch it, it sounds funny.

      Delete
  2. Quinn and Stacy. And make sure Quinn has two N's. It looks cooler. Just don't go naming anyone Quinnnnnnnn. Ns aren't that cool.

    ReplyDelete