Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Tuesdays: Top Five Muppets.

I am a HUGE fan of The Muppets. Although I liked them better before the Jim Henson company was sold to Disney.... But let's not get into that right now.

Here are my top five favorite Muppets!

5. Sgt. Floyd Pepper.

 

Floyd is the bass player for the band Electric Mayhem. He is named after the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. He's a rockin' dude and just plain cool. He has sort of a raspy voice... and is the one who can keep Animal under control.

4. Kermit the Frog.

 

Kermie. Is there really anything else you can say about this little green frog that has had such a big impact on society? He's the best frog around.

3. Gonzo.

 

Gonzo is a "Whatever." Even he doesn't know who he is or where he comes from... if there are others like him in the world.
In the Muppet Show, Gonzo is always attempting crazy stunts. He is also the one to blow the trumpet at the beginning of every episode.
Gonzo's best friend is Rizzo the Rat (though not until the movies) and his true love is Camilla the Chicken.
I've always related a bit to Gonzo.... I'm strange. I don't seem to fit anywhere. I have friends wherever I go, but I never seem like I fit in with their crowd.

2. Rowlf.

 

The piano playing dog with a heart of gold. I love him so much. He's just so sweet.

Drumroll.....

1. Zoot.

 

The sax player for Electric Mayhem. I can't even really explain why he's my favorite - he just is.
Zoot barely talks after the first season and he always seems to be in the background being mysterious. He also plays saxophone, which is very cool.

So there you have it! My five favorite Muppets.

And, here is a little clip from the Muppet Show starring Floyd, Zoot, and Dr. Teeth.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the muppets!! Especially the two old, craggy guys who sit and cackle at everything. If I was a guy I would find a buddy like that when I got old.

    I started editing! I like it so far!

    ReplyDelete