I'm back from camping! We saw lots of whales, played lots of cards (unfortunately, I ended as lesser scum), guffawed heartily at many a Mad Lib (enter this contest and you too could win a 10-foot foot! Or a three speed cabin. You never know), and ate lots of smores (mmmm, tastes like s'more). What larks!
It was so nice to be away from the internet for ten days - away from life! Now, however, I am thrust back into life, and life is busy. I'm here to let you know that I won't be around much this month. Other than a few promised posts for friends, I don't know how much I will be able to blog. The reason is the overwhelming amount of work that I have to do this month.
Stuff that HAS to get done in August:
1. Finish Algebra 2.
2. Finish church history by August 25.
3. Figure out my online writing class and online history class which start on August 25.
4. Memorize lines for VBS skits.
5. Finish VBS sets.
6. Make VBS costumes.
7. Find VBS props.
8. Figure out what's to be done with the youth group this fall, as we currently have 8 girls, 3 boys (who don't regularly attend), and 1 male leader.
9. Be an MC at my parent's 25th anniversary party.
10. Get my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday (hopefully for real this time).
Stuff that needs to happen in the near future/to keep in mind for the near future:
11. Figure out an exercise regime.
12. Practice piano and voice strenuously in preparation for my senior recital next spring.
13. Get my driver's license.
14. Figure out if I want to do a blog party celebrating my book's 1-year anniversary, and if so,
15. Plan a blog party - activities and giveaways - to celebrate my book's 1-year anniversary on Nov. 1.
16. Finish writing my fantasy book by the end of the year.
17. Daily devotional time.
Thankfully, my amazing father helped me with some organizational techniques today and all of that doesn't look quite so overwhelming. One thing to keep in mind is time management. And what comes with time management? Often times, cutting things that aren't super important. In my case, that's time spent on the internet. Blogging, reading blogs, commenting on blogs... Also, watching Youtube videos or Netflix.
Hopefully things will return to semi-normality in September, but we'll see! I can't quite decide if I'm excited, scared, or just plain nervous about busyness, life, and growing up. I turned 18 last week. Ever since I've been a mess of emotions. Mostly VBS stress... but with everything else piled on top, life is looking pretty dismal. You can pray for me, if you think about it.
Live long and prosper.