Monday, October 8, 2012

When there is simply nothing else to blog about.....

I do not consider myself an infinitely clever person (unless it is in creating very complex plotlines and confusing the reader, making them think that this is the plotline when really it's just a tease. I like doing that). I have been having trouble thinking up a blogpost but I decided I had better post something lest you think I had abandoned you....
Well, I still don't really know what to post about so I guess I'll write about which books are currently holding my attention.

Frankenstien by Mary Shelley. It is the third book in the Vancouver Sun children's classics series (although how Frankenstien made the "children's classics" list I have no clue....). I have decided to put the Vancouver Sun books on hold for now because of all my other reading responsibilities.


The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have been trying to get through this book all summer.... I just can't seem to do it. I'm at the part where Frodo, Sam, and Gollum are trying to get through the dead marshes. The only time I really read this is at drivers class on Saturdays and Sundays during break, when I'm not talking to my friend who likes Sherlock.

Ephesians by Paul from the Bible. My Sunday school class is going through an inductive Bible study of Ephesians. It is quite interesting, though we are only 2 chapters in!

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris. I started this book a few weeks ago and have gotten a fair way through it.... Though I may have to abadon it once more.

The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin. My literature "class" (made up of me and two friends - taught by my mother) is currently reading "Autobiography" (correction, I am reading it.... my friends have already finished). We are using a literature course called "Excellence in Literature" and it has (I believe) nine classics in it. "Autobiography" is the first. So far I am really enjoying it! Benjamin Frankling is an amazing man. I will likely post a review once I have finished the book.

And finally....

The Freedom Factor by Gerald N. Lund. This is one of my all time favorite books ever. It is about a man named Bryce who is a senator's aide in Washington DC. He is working on an amendment that will destroy the checks and balances in the Constitution. A man named Gorham and a very pretty lady named Leslie are against the bill but whatever they do, Bryce refuses to change his mind.... until he's thrown into an alternate universe where the Constitution was never ratified.
I will probably do a review on this book when I finish it as well.

So there you have it, the books that currently hold my attention, "Autobiography" and "The Freedom Factor" being the main ones.

Tomorrow or the next day I will perhaps write about the different curriculums I am using right now.

Live long and prosper. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment