Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reading, writing, and some random.

It is a fact universally acknowledged that if one starts a bunch of books at the same time, one will either A) Drop all the books or B) Finish all the books at the same time.
That's what happened to me. I started a bunch of books in October/November and now I'm finishing them all.
Namely, "The Last of the Mohicans" by James Fenimore Cooper. Although the book is very well written and I am coming to respect heavy description even further, it is such a looong book. Of course, it is much longer because I'm trying to finish it before the book discussion tomorrow. So far I've read about nine chapters today. I have one more chapter before the book is done.
I have been feeling very weighed down by violence lately... It is everywhere. I decided to read something innocent that would take my mind off this evil world. I chose the Doll series by Ann M. Martin, about dolls who are alive. A very good series. I am on the third book now (which I have never read).
"A Christmas Carol" and "Two Towers" are also waiting to be read.... I think I'll take Christmas Carol to Canada and read it there. Two Towers... may never get finished, I'm afraid.

As far as writing goes, I'm hoping to get a bunch of that done in Canada as well... I - with my mother's help - will get to editing After the Twelfth Night's sequel.
I'm also hoping to get some time in with my NaNoWriMo characters as well. I have two Christmas short stories planned starring Daniel and Varina and a new character.... Mwahaha.
I recently hand-wrote the first chapter of the second book. I'm planning on writing the first chapter of the third book sometime too... I'm not sure which one I was to write first. I have the basic plot for both, I just don't know which one to pursue first. Probably the third book because it was the first idea I had for the series (though I didn't know it at the time).

Have a random picture (because blog posts are much more fun with pictures than without):

 

Sadly we didn't have any gingerbread men come with our gingerbread house this year... Otherwise you would have seen some red shirt gingerbread men on my blog.
Instead, out house came with a gingerbread tree, which Rosey stole and ate most of. Her stomach has been making some very gurgly noises and I think she's learned her lesson.

I had my voice recital tonight. I sang "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire).
I did well, if I do say so myself.

 

Hee hee, Nine's sneaky look as Ten open a Rose doll. I like the contrasting colors - warm and cold. Very cool.

I figured I should post something so there it is. Now I'm going to stop wasting time and I am actually going to do something productive - like finish the Mohicans. A review will be coming tomorrow or the next day.
In the near future you can also expect a review for A Christmas Carol, and some more musical preformances by Your's Truly, and at least one Christmas short story, if not two.

Live long and prosper!

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading the script for A Christmas Carol. It was pretty good...the first time. I can't watch it anymore though xD

    I must agree, blog posts do look better with pictures xD Why I don't instigate this in my own is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete