Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My God is an Awesome God

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," Bilbo used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feed, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Day #1 of travelling. I'm still alive. They say getting there is half the fun.... Not for me. For me, packing is half the fun. I absolutely love to pack and orginize things. But when it comes to the actual travelling part.... I get bored. Which is strange, because I hardly ever get bored. I believe that boredom is a choice.
I prefer airplane trips, but we're driving. Driving drives me crazy. Especially long distances. We made 11 hours today, which is good! Right now I'm in a hotel off of Yellowstone Park. Tomorrow we're going to go explore for awhile and see Old Faithful.

Despite getting bored and antsy in the car, I did accomplish work on my novel! I got more done in one day than I've gotten done in the past two weeks.
I also saw amazing wilderness....
Who can look me in the eye and say that this world wasn't created by a higher power when they see these pictures?












It is stunning driving through these places. I kept thinking, God did a great thing creating mountains and clouds.
The rocks and mountains shout HIS glory!
It's just breathtaking.

More tomorrow. (Thank goodness for hotels with free wifi!)

Oh, my travelling buddy is having a good time as well. He has his own special seat.

3 comments:

  1. OH! WHERE ARE YOU?! Old Faithful?! REALLY!!! I think you are only a few hours from my home!!!! Oh man! If you can, email me and let me know where you will be! I wonder if we can meet...that would be so grand!!

    *Composes self* *Fails*

    Hm...I like traveling, but not car traveling. I get car sick. I love train and planes. But not big planes, they are too stable for me. I want to fly in a small one that rocks at every gust of wind.

    How is Sherlock enjoying the trip?

    And it looks like Tintin is having fun (though I don't think he likes traveling either...not unless he can get into some death and life situations.) Anyhow, I'm going to go away now and think about how you might be close to my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pictures of (what I assume, using my stellar{note sarcasm} geography skills) the Rockies!

    ReplyDelete