|They changed the award picture. I like it.|
A. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Thank you, Jack!
B. Answer 11 questions which they give to you:
1. Have you ever listened to the Snoopy vs. The Red Baron songs?
I didn't know there was a song! But I'm listening to it now, so can I say "yes"? I have seen and read the cartoon if that gives me bonus points.
2. What's tatters?
PO-TA-TOES. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!
3. What would be your opening lines to your Great American Novel?
CALL ME ISHMAEL!
Wait, that's already taken? Okay... How about:
In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
...That one's already taken too?? Okay, how about:
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
That's a Great British Novel, you say? Ugh! Um, I'm going to have to get back to you on this one, Jack.
4. Are you over Tadashi yet?
That scene (and subsequent ones) is right up there with the death of Nemo's mother is terms of sadness. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who still had to fast forward through that scene?)
5. How well can you crash a plane?
I don't know, I've never tried. Hmmm...
"Relax, I interviewed a pilot once."
6. What color are the socks you're wearing right now?
Black socks, they never get dirty the longer you wear them the blacker they get... Sometimes, I think I should wash them, but something inside me says don't wash them yet. Not yet. Not yet. Not yet. Not yet. (You're welcome.)
Not just any black socks, though...
Beatles black socks!
7. What is the one thing you always carry with you and why?
I usually take a book everywhere I go. And a pencil. I take my purse quite a few places, too; and in my purse I always keep a Bible, the Constitution of the United States, and a deck of cards.
8. Are you six foot something with a scary nose?
No... although I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing... No, I'm a 5'2" something with a roundish nose.
9. What's the stupidest thing you ever done which inflicted pain on yourself?
I literally can't think of anything. This is horrible! The thing is, I lose my balance a lot, but I never fall (wow, that sounds like a song lyric). I run into things, but I never hurt myself (I'm sensing a trend here. I may just have to write a song about this).
I tripped up the stairs once and skinned my knee... I forced myself to read The Old Man and the Sea... I picked up my dog and she scratched me. (That rhymed! I'm unintentionally writing a song here, people!)
|Wary. Is Abbey going to pick me up or is Abbey not going to pick me up, that is the question.|
10. Do foods which don't go bad scare you?
Not terribly, no. I wouldn't want to eat them... but they don't scare me. Why? Should they? 0_0
11. How well do you get along with cockroaches?
I've never met a cockroach, but if I ever did, I don't think we'd be the Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin of our generation.
1. I can count the amount of times I've teared up during a book/movie on one hand. The Benji movie, the Doomsday Doctor Who episode, Feathertail's death in the Warriors books, aaaandd... there's one more, but I can't remember what movie it was. It must have made a huge impact. Ha.
2. Even thought I'm not a book/movie crier, I tear up when I get really excited, when I see a really good pun, and when something really epic happens in a book (whether it be an epic word picture, an epic snarky remark, or an epic spelling/grammar fail). But I only tear up when I start to TELL someone about it, never when I'm just reading it to myself.
3. I can't wait for Once Upon a Time to come back this Sunday! I mean, what WAS that huge break all about?
4. I really really really really REALLY hope that we get a picture of Lewis and Louis in Haphazardly Implausible #3. Actually, can we just get a huge cast picture of everyone? Is that too much to ask? Like this picture from Scott Westerfeld's Manual of Aeronautics:
5. I want to be... under the sea... in an octopus' garden... in the shade.
Well, maybe I don't want to be under the sea, but I certainly am longing to be near the sea.
6. I want some cereal.
7. I got cereal.
8. In music lessons I'm singing "The Jewel Song, from Faust." MWAHAHAHAHAHA. It makes me feel powerful.
9. I'm watching the Frasier episode where Noel teaches Frasier a Klingon blessing instead of a Hebrew blessing and Frasier says it at his son's bar mitzvah.
10. Speaking of the Jews... in my reading-through-the-Bible-in-one-year study, I've hit the part of the Bible where God is detailing all the sacrifices the Israelites are supposed to do.
11. I deleted the Netflix off my computer. So far, it has been a very good decision.
D. Nominate 11 bloggers.
Anyone who wants to may answer all or some of the following questions on their blog or in the comments.
E. Give said bloggers 11 questions to answer.
1. What kind of cereal do you like to eat?
2. If you could write a song, what would it be about?
3. Do you know any Klingon words?
4. Have you ever read the Haphazardly Implausible books by Jack Lewis Baillot? You should, they are great!
5. Do you prefer going to the city, to the beach, to the woods ("Into the woods without delay, but careful not to lose the way..."), or staying at home?
6. What do you wish?
7. Night or day? Moon or sun?
8. Have you ever interviewed a pilot (be it once or more than once)? Do you "get that reference" (or how about that one?)?
9. Have you ever heard Bernadette Peters sing a Broadway song (or any other type of song)? You should, she is great!
10. What's your favorite Aesop's Fable?
11. What's your favorite mystical/fantastical creature/race/being?
Live long and prosper!
P.S. Funny story... I went looking for an song lyric to be the title of this post and somehow ended up listening to music from the musical Cinderella... and I still don't have a title.
...Thought of one. Because, you know, someone has got to do these tags. We can't leave those 11 questions unanswered. So, like Frodo, I took on the burden. But now I am tired. Who will take the weight of the ring from me? Who will answer my eleven questions??