Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Bard

Good ole' quotes from William Shakespeare. I found them on THIS website.


"I will speak daggers to her, but use none." Hamlet, Act III, Scene II.


"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it." As You Like It, Act II, Scene IV.


"So wise so young, they say, do never live long." King Richard III, Act III, Scene I. ("And only the good die young... doo doo doo doo doo..." How true is that, though? The prime example I can think of is the little girl from Uncle Tom's Cabin. Eva, I think her was.)


"An honest tale speeds best, being plainly told!" King Richard III, Act IV, Scene IV.


"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt." Measure for Measure, Act I, Scene IV.


"But, for mine own part, it was Greek to me." Julius Caesar, Act 1, Scene II.


"I have no, spur to prick the sides of my intent, but only vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself, and falls on the other." Macbeth, Act I, Scene VII.


"The worst is not, so long as we can say 'This is the worst.'" King Lear, Act I, Scene IV. (I guess even Shakespeare believed in jinxing yourself.)


"You pay a great deal too dear for what's given freely." The Winter's Tale, Act I, Scene I.


"You, minion, are too saucy." The Two Gentleman of Verona, Act I, Scene II. (Can this be my new catchphrase?)


Farewell! Exits sighting.


(...Evidently that's a line from Troilus and Cressida, but I can't verify that fact, as I've not read the play, and couldn't find that particular quote online.)

No comments:

Post a Comment