Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 10: In which Tintin meets TomTom.


On day 10, we went to the Openluchtmuseum. The Openluchtmuseum is an Open Air Museum filled with old farm implements and buildings. It shows what life was like on the farm. There was this incredible display of several houses throughout the centuries. It showed what life was like in the 1700's through the 1970's. It was really cool. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures.

Here is the inside of a barn, and a structure to keep hay under:



It's a good thing my dad didn't live in the olden days...


...Though if Dutch men back then were known for their height, I supposed my dad would have fit in. Why were the doors so short?

They had a fun area where you could ride two wheeled bicycles (the cool kind - like the one Captain Kirk rides when he goes to break in on Cat Woman/Fantine's wedding to that English guy in the second Princess Diaries movie).


Mmmmmmmmm... poffertjes... (little pancakes)


Tintin had great fun at the Openluchtmuseum.



 (Bed in the wall!)
(What are you looking at?)

And Tintin made some... er... new friends...



Mmhmm. Okay, time to leave.

The rest of the day was mostly spend traveling from one great-aunt's house to another's. 

Live long and prosper!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've had poffertjes at a tulip festival with my G&G a long time ago. I remember it because it was such a fun word to say. :) Very fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey, I enjoy your pictures and comments. You make it so interesting, and humorous.
    So much fun to read what you write
    Grama

    ReplyDelete