Sunday, September 29, 2013

Guess who...

...finished the Lord of the Rings last night?
I DID!
Although I must admit, I didn't read all the appendixes. I skipped over most of them, except for Arwen and Aragorn's love story and the stuff about the Dwarves. I kind of skimmed... But I think that's alright. After all, I've been reading this series for over a year!

Anyway, I loved this final book. It had action and it had Faramir and Eowyn... And it had the Scouring of the Shire. I loved that chapter, I really did.
And for the first time, I was sad that a book ended! I have never had that sensation before - of ending a book and feeling a loss because I won't get to read about the character's anymore.

So what's next? Well, I have City of Ember out of the library that I need to read. Once a long time ago I started the book but never finished it because I felt it was... too middle-schoolish? It seemed too young for me. But then I watched the movie last Saturday with my friend and I remembered how cool a concept it was. So now I'm going back to read the book again. Hopefully I'll get through it this time.

I also want to start Little Women soon... and I have to finish Assignment: Eternity. And Beowulf. I am really super enjoying Beowulf. So many people hate it, but I'm loving it! The language is SO beautiful! It's full of alliteration. People just don't write like that any more. It's a pity.

In other news, I've put the pictures back on my blog as far back as May 2013. Eventually I'll get the other 1900 odd pictures put back on. But that is not this day!

Now I'm off to read.

Live long and prosper.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! I read City of Ember... I don't remember it being too easy to read... but then again I can't remember how long ago I read it. But I do remember enjoying it. And the prequel (which is also called the third book in the series I think? The Prophet of... something I think it was called) was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, City of Ember is good! (The sequels are weird, though. Don't bother with them.) I read that way back in seventh grade. I agree; it is a wonderful concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUZZAH! The last book is one of my favourites. I felt the same way as you when I finished it, sad to see it end. (Did you read about how Legolas took Gimli with him when he sailed into the West? I loved that part.)

    You will have to let me know what you think of City of Ember. I've heard that series is really good but coudl never get past the first pages. I might have to give it a try though someday.

    ReplyDelete