Monday, March 19, 2012

Mis-adventures with computers (and day 9)

Today's post is "A picture you took."
Here is a picture of an alien carrot my mother killed today and ate. She said "Tell your followers it tasted good!"

Now onto more interesting things... Like (mis) adventures with computers.
As I said in my last blog post, my computer broke. It's now more fixed than it was yesterday. Apparently my documents and pictures were "hidden" so I actually didn't lose everything! Hip hip!
This morning I woke up to find a strange message on my computer....


You don't often see a warning sign and the word "thanks" next to each other.... Hmmm....

I have been doing some drawing the past few days.
Here is the Muppet Zoot.


Zoot is my favorite Muppet. He has been performed by Dave Goelz since his creation in the early '70's. After the first season of the Muppet Show, Zoot doesn't talk much. His music speaks for him. Zoot plays sax for the Muppet band Electric Mayhem.

The second drawing is another Muppet. This is Sgt. Floyd Pepper:

Floyd sings and plays bass for the Muppet band Electric Mayhem. He talks much more than Zoot and is one cool dude.
Around Zoot are names of songs he sings.

Something exciting... My copy of the Tintin movie came! I've only had a chance to watch it once but I'm looking for an opportunity to watch it again. I love Captain Haddock's (left) face on the cover of the DVD.


Something I don't understand is the quote on the bottom of the DVD.... It says, "Tintin hits home for the kid in all of us."
In my opinion, this is giving people the wrong idea about Tintin... The movie appeals to all audiences, not just children. Also, the plot line doesn't even involve any children! It's an adventure film, not My Little Pony.

And now.... I introduce you to my NaNoWriMo novel:


I'm editing right now. I don't like to edit on the computer so I printed out all 140+ pages and am writing all the edits.
I'm only about this far in:


This morning I woke up to find the grass covered in frost. This was a photo opportunity I didn't want to miss so I grabbed my Kaya doll and took her out for a gorgeous early(ish) morning photoshoot.
Here are the some of the best pictures (music by Harry Connick Jr.)



(From my novel)

2 comments:

  1. That is a weird carrot! Looks yummy though. :)
    Nice drawings! Yay! Tintin! Nice pictures!
    See you tomorrow!
    Love, ShiningHisLight97

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy carrot O.O And creepy computer message...Cool pictures of the Muppets! And I love the video of pics with Kaya outside...The frost is definately photogenic.
    Ah, the fun-ness of editting...(Note the sarcasm)

    ReplyDelete