Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lots to report on!

I'm finally un-busy enough to get a blog post up! Yay! =D

First order of business... I got my braces off! =D
Before picture:


After picture:


The dentist gave me a bag of candy because technically, your not supposed to eat hard or sticky candy while you have braces.... Shhhh, don't tell my orthodontist but I ate the hard candy with braces anyway....


And here is an assortment of cute/lazy Rosey pictures.






Today Mom and I went to two local thrift stores where we hoped to find some much needed pairs of jeans for me. Luckily, we found two pairs at the first store!
We decided to check out the second thrift store anyway to see if we could find some long sleeved shirts.
Instead we found two comic books (Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes), a book about Star Trek, a Star Trek version of the game "How to host a murder" (with all the pieces!), and a 300 piece Star Trek puzzle. Mom and I counted the puzzle pieces and somehow ended up with 306... We must have miscounted. Oh well, having more puzzle pieces is always better than having one or two missing!


I've already started on the puzzle, although I have only assembled Kirk and Spock's faces.


Now some good news, THE MIGRAINE MEDICINE THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED WORKED!!! =D On Monday night, nearing midnight, I started to see the visual symptoms I see before a migraine comes on. Panicking, I took two Advil and the anti-nasua medicine we got from the ER and within an hour I was fast asleep and was able to go to class the next day! Praise The Lord!!! =D

On Tuesday was the discussion for Uncle Tom's Cabin. I never did finished it... But I was able to participate in the discussion anyway.
Since our teacher's lecture went a little long we only had about 15-30 minutes to discuss the book, it went pretty well. We talked about the different characters and why Harriet Beecher Stowe chose to portray them they way she did. We also talked about the morality of the book and the integrity - or lack of - in the different characters. I wish we had more time to talk more in depth... Perhaps I will ask if we can discuss it some more next week.

I still wish to finish Uncle Tom's Cabin but since the book discussion yesterday I have read one and a half books.
The first was "The Penderwicks at Point Mouette" by Jeanne Birdsall. It's the third and newest book in the series and I LOVED it! I recommend the Penderwicks trilogy for anyone in need of a brain candy books about four sisters and their adventures.
After finishing the Penderwicks in one afternoon/evening I started reading the sequel to the book "Uglies" by Scott Westerfield which is called "Pretties". It's super good! Or as the Pretties would say, "Totally bubbly."

The last bit of news I have is... My novels have arrived! We ordered four copies and they came in. They look so nice! I'm really happy. Unfortunately, because I have my pictures and last name on the front cover, I can't show a picture. Oh well....

I hope everyone has a good week!
Until next time....

P.S. I have a prayer request for those of you who are Christians... One of my best friend is having back surgery tomorrow. She has bad scoliosis (curvature of the spine) and needs a rod put in her back. It's a 3ish hour surgery and she is supposed to be on bed rest for two weeks after that. There is practically no chance of anything going wrong, but she would still appreciate prayer. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment