Monday, October 3, 2011

Fishtail Braid

I had seen a tutorial on Youtube on how to do a fishtail braid on your American Girl Doll. The video can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZqH-YIdbb0&feature=channel_video_title
I have been wanting to do this hairstyle on Kaya because she has super long hair. I finally decided to tackle this task tonight.
Here is Kaya, dressed in her Shakespearean costume, before the braid. Look how scary long her hair is!!


After a few false starts and after having to re-do the second half I finally managed to finish the braid in about an hour. Here is the finished product:

Not too bad if I do say so myself... This is my first fishtail braid.

I had my first piano lesson with a new teacher today. It went great!
My two weakest points in piano are theory and technique and my new teacher told me that he focuses a lot on those two areas. Hip hip!
I am going to be learning jazz, classical, ragtime, and improvisational piano.
Other news in my musical world... Because I want a degree in music when I go to college, because it's my passion, and because I feel like God is calling me to music, I am going to spending a lot of time working on my instruments. At least an hour a day on piano, maybe more; half an hour or more on saxophone; and singing each day. I am also thinking about taking up the clarinet and flute because they are similar to the saxophone and because my sax teacher teachers both those instruments as well.
All this music, plus my regular schoolwork, means I won't be spending a lot of time on the internet, although I still plan to update my blog every day or every other day.

I finished the book Uglies this morning...
Me- *reads reads reads reads reads and then turns to the last page* WHAT?! It's OVER?!
Mom- Come on, let's study.
Me- Just a minute! I have to put the next book on hold!!
Now I am anxiously awaiting for the library to get Pretties in. While I wait, I am reading the second book in the Diary of a Teenage Girl series. I also have some Sherlock Holmes mysteries to read. =D

P.S. A friend of mine said to me today, "You need to put pictures in the Meet the Dolls section!" Don't worry, I haven't forgotten... I am planning on putting the pictures in after I finish filming my doll movie which should be soon, I only have about 4 scenes left to film! =D Of course, then I have to edit it... I am planning on filming one or two of the scenes this week. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment