Thursday, January 23, 2014

An After the Twelfth Night related update... among other things.

I know that I said the eBook version of After the Twelfth Night would be out by the end of January... but I'm not so sure of that now. Life's been busy and I have other priorities. I'm just now starting to look at Lulu.com's eBook guide and it's looking like a lot more work than I anticipated or have time for at the present.
Never fear!
Eventually the eBook version - and the Amazon version - will be out. I'm just not sure when that will be. I need to sit down with my dad some Saturday and figure it all out (ironically, at least the next two Saturdays, we're both busy with various activities).


Until then, you can always check out the paperback version on Lulu.com. The first three pages of the story (plus the table of contents and boring stuff like that) are available for preview to whet your curiosity.


On this blog, you can expect (also in the undefined future) to see book reviews on all the literature books I've fallen behind on reviewing (Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, The Faerie Queene Book 1, King Lear... and by the time I get caught up, Paradise Lost and Pride and Prejudice too, probably!) and also a review-ish sort of thing on the first episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Other than that... what would you like me to blog about? Since After the Twelfth Night is out, I could stop being so secretive and introduce you to some of the characters, settings, or thought-processes behind it all. Or I could read the first chapter aloud... or share some first-draft to polished-draft changes... or show you the step-by-step of the new cover... or show you a character sketch I did of Antonio waaay back before I even started writing the book (he looks nothing like the picture anymore)...
Or I could blog about something totally different. Dolls? Books? Things that matter? My new secret project?
I'm trying to be less secretive about my writing this year. Not sure how that's going to turn out... At any rate, I'll tell you two things about my secret project:
1. Even though it's fantasy-esque, I'm doing research on various mythical/fantastical races. Currently open in my browser is the Wikipedia page for "elf."
2. Characters keep popping up and I have no clue where they came from. Characters I thought were just guards are becoming more important... and a character who I thought was more important is stepping back into the shadows (well, he is sort of a hermit). And a character I thought was nice is actually grumpy.


EDIT: I forgot to add something... I'm trying to get better at answering people's comments in the comments box. I haven't done too much of that in the past, but am starting now.


The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. (Phil. 4:23)

3 comments:

  1. I just ordered my copy from Amazon. Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Amazon copy is working now? Huzzah! Yay! And thank you.

      Delete
  2. I want to hear about your secret project. I like secrets.

    I ordered Jack to buy your book and read it to me and Sammy, but she says you have to have a money thing and she doesn't have it yet so she can't. I think I will have to go out and find some of the money for her. I might look in the same place as my cookies.

    ReplyDelete