Saturday, August 3, 2013

I'm back from the conference!

Thank you all SO much for the prayers! I really appreciate it. By the grace of God I did not get a migraine the whole week! Hurray!
Though I didn't have any huge spiritual awakenings, I realized several places in my life where I could stand to be more Christ-like, and therefore, will be working on those areas. Also, I learned some great new verses! Like these two (which kind of go together):

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.
Ephesians 6:19

Thanks again for all your prayer.

Sometime in the next few days I should have my finishing post for Nerd Life (hosted by the lovely Clair) and my end-of-the-month update thingy with next month's goals tagged on at the end.

Before I leave you, I want to tell you about this amazing deal I got today. My mom and I went tennis shoe shopping and on our way home, just randomly stopped at an estate sale. Guess what I got? The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, illustrated by Rockwell Kent, published in 1936.... FOR ONE DOLLAR!
I have been searching for Shakespeare's complete works for a number of years, and I wanted a specific version - the kind where they put the whole name of the characters, instead of abbreviating them. This version has their whole names! Hurrah!

And now I leave you with this - the best thing you've seen all day:


Live long and prosper.

P.S. Excuse any confusingness... I'm practically asleep on my feet. I can't think I'm so tired. Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Conferences tend to do that to you. (Make you tired, but also give you insight into your own spiritual life.)
    I love that video! It's hilarious!!
    Love, ShiningHisLight97

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK!!! *Tackles!*

    It is nice to hear that you came away with some special verses. I love times like that. And those ones are very good.

    Hurray on your find!!! Aren't those kinds of finds wonderful?

    ReplyDelete