Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cruel and unusual punishment. (One week!)

Poor Rosey.... She hates the little Christmas shirt and hat we got for her.
She usually goes and hides in her kennel after we put them on.


Or she seeks refuge under the coffee table.

Tonight while I was trying to wrestle the shirt on Rosey, this happened:

We got lots of laughs.

Then Rosey shook and the hat fell, lopsided, across her face. Arrrrr, matey. A pirate dog be she!


Elephant Rosey:


And now... Because the Tintin movie is coming out in only ONE week, here are some of my favorite pictures from the movie trailers and various websites.

This picture is a funny part in the trailer. Captain Haddock thinks Tintin is cold while he naps so he lights the oars on fire.
"What have you done?!" exclaims Tintin when he wakes up.
"I lit a wee fire." Captain Haddock replies.
"In a boat?!"
The camera zooms out and we see a large explosion and then it shows the picture below.
"Well this is a fine mess." Tintin says.


I LOVE this picture of Thompson and Thomson, the bumbling detectives.


Here is the scene where Tintin finds out who Captain Haddock is. I love Tintin's expression.
"I'm Tintin by the way."
"Haddock, Archibald Haddock."

I LOVE the angle of this picture. Poor Snowy had a picture dropped on his head...


Captain Haddock's face looks so funny here. Snowy's like, "Huh?"


Hee hee, another funny Captain Haddock picture.


Here is Mr. Silk, a wallet thief, with Thompson and Thomson in the background.


Here is a picture of the comic version of Tintin. The picture below it is a recreated version, made for the new movie.

This last picture is perhaps my most favorite. I don't know why.

As you may have been able to tell from the pictures, this is not a live action movie. However I don't think it is considered animation either. This movie was made using "Live Motion Capture."
The actors have to wear a special suit while acting that has all sorts of sensors on it that pick up every movement of the actor. The movements, down to the tiniest eye twitch, are recorded and turned into "animation" on a special monitor.
Here is a picture. The men in the yellow circle are acting with the special suits. The screen in the red circle is what they are acting, put into the animation!

I think it is an amazing way to do a movie.
Just one week.... 7 days.... until the Tintin movie comes out. I don't think I can wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment