Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 2: Your Favorite Movie

This is SUCH a hard question.... I have so many movies that I love.
I guess I'll just pick one off my list.... I suppose I should talk about Star Wars or Lord of the Rings or one of the more "familiar" movies on my favorites list but instead I am going to talk about the movie "The Great Race."

"The Great Race" stars Tony Curtis as The Great Leslie - a dare devil stunt performer, Natalie Wood as Maggie Dubois - a fierce woman's rights advocate, Jack Lemmon as Professor Fate - The Great Leslie's enemy (also a stunt performer), and Peter Falk as Professor Fate's bumbling sidekick Max.
The movie is set in the early 1900's during the women's rights movement and starts out with The Great Leslie and Professor Fate standing off in a battle of stunts.
Then Leslie has an idea. He wants to have a car race from New York to Paris.
Professor Fate and Max take up the challenge.
Maggie Dubois, who has got herself a job as a reporter, refuses to be left behind and enters the race as well, to report it from start to finish.
The competitors run into many things on the way to Paris such as Indians, cowboys, melting ice burgs, a plot to destroy a foreign government whose kind looks exactly like Prof. Fate, and a pie fight.
Who will win in the end?
And who blew up the Eiffel Tower? ("MAAAAAAAAAAAXX!!!!!!").

I love this movie because it takes place in so many different locations and each location has it's own separate story that goes with it.
I also love the slapstick humor.
The music is amazing to! =D
Stay tuned for tomorrow's question!

2 comments: